Friday, February 20, 2009

A Helping Hand

  This last week a number of the River Riders crew got together to volunteer for the West Virginia Rivers Coalition annual raffle drive. 

  The WVRC works tirelessly to promote good stewardship of WV's rivers and streams through education, research, and grassroots programs. Each year they cover their operating costs through donations and the annual raffle is a large part of that. 
  
  Bill Ward, Kym Grove and I all gave some time to man the phones, making calls and asking for support. We were all impressed with the amount of support people were willing to give. 

  Despite these tough economic times people still value the headwaters. After all, we do all live downstream! The drawing will take place @ Cheat Fest, May 2nd, with twenty five thank you prizes to be handed out. I enjoyed my time on the phones. I even knew some of the people I called. 

  It feels good to volunteer your time to a worthy cause, and our rivers and streams are definitely worthy!
I'd like to say a huge thank you to all who gave support! 

Matt Knott

No comments: